Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Is your main character a good tank in dragon age origins?

First off, I have a lot of questions...



1. I tried using Alistair as my tank but nobody attacks him (they attack my main) and he always dies - even when he uses the two abilities that make enemies more aggressive to him. Why is this? I even gave him the best equipment but still the same. What skills shoud I give him? (Sword and shield, Warrior, etc...?) Should I put points into his Strength or Constitution? Finally what other abilites should he have (Trap making/Poison Making/Warrior training etc...?)



2. When do you start getting good armour and weapons? Which town/city sells good weapons and armour? Money is not an issue I did the money glitch and got 1000 gold :) I ask because I want good stuff that will keep alistair alive!





All help will be greatly appreciated! I love this game, but am not that good. :(Is your main character a good tank in dragon age origins?
In order to have an effective tank you need the Threaten and Taunt talents in the Warrior Tree, these are essential for keeping the enemies' attention.



Constitution -%26gt; Strength -%26gt; Willpower -%26gt; Agility are the most important 4 stats. You need a minimum of 26 Agility to get all the Weapon and Shield Talents.



There are tank items all over the world, a couple of rings one is in Orzammar, I think the other is at the vendor in the Circle of Magi. Maric's Blade is the best weapon, but it's only avalible if you have Return to Ostagar installed. The Best Armor is Calin's (From Return ot Ostagar) or the Warden Commander Armor (From Warden's Keep) If you don't have any DLC then the Juggernaut is the best armor in the Brecellin forest.



If you want to make your own tank, you will always have more talents and stats then the rest of the party. I suggest going Dwarf for the Magic resistance racial.Is your main character a good tank in dragon age origins?
only good armor you get for tanks are the dragon scale armor from killing the big ugly beast later on theres also good armor on some of the dlc make sure you get tanks con dex and str up will help out a lot

always go for the sheild abilitys if you tank and you need the threaten ability as well or its like a tank with no taunt

No comments:

Post a Comment