Saturday, February 25, 2012

What's your opinion, should I get Dragon Age 2?

Okay so I'm a fan of RPG's.. The Fable games, Fallouts, Elder Scrolls.. That kinda stuff. I heard great things about Dragon Age: Origins and just wanted some opinions. Should I buy Dragon Age: Origins or pre-order Dragon Age 2? I know DA:O is big on character customization (which I love) and doesn't use a dialogue wheel which I also enjoy. DA2 is still big on customization but the character is of fixed race/background and from what I've read the've adopted the dialogue wheel (not that big of a deal). I just need opinions. Would it be worth it to pre-order the game? Or stick with Origins?What's your opinion, should I get Dragon Age 2?
Even though DA2 has a dialog wheel it works essentially the same as dialogs in Origins. The dialog wheel gives you a nice, mean and neutral option, and an investigate option to ask more questions about a subject. The old dialog system does the exact same thing except that the lines of dialog are categorized on top of each other. The main difference is that the wheel consists of paraphrases leading to a line spoken by a voice actor, but this allows for more character emotion. In Origins the player character always had a blank look on their face.

Anyway, Origins is a great game, Dragon Age II looks better. What I love about DA2 is that it moves away from the clich茅 of an ultimate evil and heroes saving the world. Dragon Age II is about a world at the brink of war and you're in the center when it all happens. It's not about a great evil but about a political conflict. The story spans ten years and you see the world and your party members evolve during your playthrough. In the end DA2 seems like a more unique game.

Origins is much longer, though, so if you want more bang for your buck, play Origins first. You can also import save files into Dragon Age II and while this feature is more subtle than in the Mass Effect series, it's a fun extra.What's your opinion, should I get Dragon Age 2?
I think you should play them both. You can import the decisions you make in Origins to DA2 and you will get a much better sense of the lore and important characters. But, if you can only have one you might as well get DA2. They really listened to player feedback and made a lot of improvements, especially to combat.What's your opinion, should I get Dragon Age 2?
Download the recent demo. All i can say is that I was in awe as I was playing. I wasn't able to beat the first DA but this was looks awesome. The graphics are top notch and the combat is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment