Sunday, March 4, 2012

Looking for a Single Player game like World of Warcraft or Everquest 1/2?

I have been an avid World of Warcraft and EQ player for a few years. However, between Work, Selling my house, planning my marriage, etc - I just don't have the time to play as much as I have in the past. As such, I can't see paying the $15 a month fee for reduced play time I will have.



That said, I'd like to still play something similar that other than an initial cost to play. I'll miss the group play style.



Are there any good games that can be played as a replacement for EQ or WoW? I'd like as much of the following as possible



- Ability to choose race and class combination

- Free form character development

- Some type of tradeskills would be great

- Lead a group of characters



Some options I have thought of are: Oblivion (and it's predecessors), Fall Out 3, Dragon Age Origins, and Neverwinter Nights.



Mostly I'm looking for other options that I may not have thought of, or even be aware of.



thanks!Looking for a Single Player game like World of Warcraft or Everquest 1/2?
Go for Dragon Age Origins. I picked it up on the release date and couldn't put it down, and I'm a loyal WoW player! I also loved Oblivion before Dragon Age, but can't go back to that either.



Two other games I love are Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. They're sci-fi, but just as addicting as Dragon Age.



All three of the games mentioned have race and class combination (along with in-depth facial customization), character development (wanna kill that quest guy? Ok. but he won't come back to life!), and all three games lead group members that you can both choose and customize their gear. Dragon Age has some "trade skills", but nothing like WoW.



In Dragon Age, you can pick up trap making, potion making, and poison making (there might be another one or so, but I haven't looked into them. I do enough trades on WoW :/ )



In Mass Effect, if I remember right, you don't have trade skills, but you level up your different abilities and weapons in order to use more powerful equipment.
Final Fantasy XII in my opinion plays very much like an MMORPG. It personally was my least favorite of the Final Fantasy games, but since you are looking for an MMORPG like game, it would probably be close. Also, Too Human, Diablo, and Torchlight are great single player games with all that you are looking for.Looking for a Single Player game like World of Warcraft or Everquest 1/2?
runescape



its free but you can also pay to be a member which is pretty cheap.

Its ok but the graphics are a bit poor its also multiplayer.. and offers hours of play



www.runescape.com
Runescape is for noobs,

Join a real game like War(15$ a month but only 40 lvls and take not long to rach cap)

or join battleforge(rts, my ign is Dargurt), Guildwars, and some more mmo'sLooking for a Single Player game like World of Warcraft or Everquest 1/2?
Yeah, maybe Runescape, Dragon Fable, or Adventure Quest. Adventure Quest kinda sucks, but Adventure Quest Worlds is damn good.
Being an EQ2 player myself I highly recommend Dragon Age.
Runescape
Metin2.us is a good one to play, free yet you can pay for some interesting things to help you upgrade/level/farm
i

No comments:

Post a Comment