Sunday, March 4, 2012

Can I run Dragon Age Origins?

My computer's hardware is:



HP Pavilion dv5-1010us Laptop



2.00 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P7350

3 MB L2 Cache

4096 MB RAM

Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS

Video Memory Up to 2047 MB (256 MB dedicated)

Hard Drive 320 GB (5400 rpm)



It also runs Vista 64-bit Home Premium



I've been getting a lot of mixed feedback from different friends about whether I can run it or not, but from my personal experience with this computer, I'm a bit skeptical at what they've been saying.



This same computer has run GTA4 -pretty- well, and by that, I mean at a more or less consistent 15-20 fps after I turned all settings to lowest. This computer also ran Assassin creed pretty smoothly, except when I was traveling between the cities.



I also ran the character creator, and that cranked up graphics to the highest, and didn't notice any issues. Obviously, when the game has to process the environment, movement, and effects, there's going to be more strain, but still...Can I run Dragon Age Origins?
System requirements



Windows XP Minimum Specifications

OS: Windows XP with SP3

CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4Ghz or greater

AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8Ghz or greater

RAM: 1GB or more

Video: ATI Radeon X850 128MB or greater

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater

DVD ROM (Physical copy)

20 GB HD space



Windows Vista Minimum Specifications

OS: Windows Vista with SP1

CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater

AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 2.2GHZ or greater

RAM: 1.5 GB or more

Video: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater

DVD ROM (Physical copy)

20 GB HD space



Recommended Specifications

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz Processor or equivalent

AMD Phenom II X3 Triple-Core 2.8 GHz or greater

RAM: 4 GB (Vista) or 2 GB (XP)

Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater

NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater

DVD ROM (Physical copy)

20 GB HD space

No comments:

Post a Comment